Monday, February 21, 2011

tissue paper thin


This past weekend I began experimenting with tissue paper. I was at my cousin's house the week before and saw that their son Josh had made something similar to this,with the use of tissue paper and stamps. (Josh did an awesome job!) I made three pieces this past weekend, but this last one was for me. I put it right at the entrance to my bedroom. When I walk by and see it on my wall I'm encouraged because I feel as if my strength is about as strong as the tissue paper I used to make this and yet here is this completed picture. Last week I wrote about walking on a tight rope and I am smack dab in the middle of this high wire act. Fear and peace ensue every step. I literally have to remind myself to breathe through it, which is in part why I created this piece. So, this morning I saw my friend Robin had posted on Inspiration Avenue's weekly challenge and decided to join in especially when the theme is hitting me so personally!

A special thanks to graphicsfairy which is where I found the majority of my clip art!  
You can visit her site today to see all the submissions for Brag Monday!


"In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10



10 comments:

  1. Well, the good news is, you seem to have the right focus for your trust! Just keep repeating Romans 8:28!

    Love your tissue thing BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment on my blog! I love "touring" everyone's creativity. The color on your tissue paper piece is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cool that this is on tissue paper!! Wow!
    Visiting from the Graphics Fairy. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely submission on Breathe! and NICE to have you join us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't thought to use tissue paper in my work because I think it is so thin and I think I will not work with it as gently as it needs to be handled. hmm...more metaphors for life huh? Lovely work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look after yourself. It's a scary place to be - that tightrope. Take care not to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to stamp on tissure paper and it worked out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool piece. Not only the technique of stamping on tissue paper (I really like that idea) but how you related it to life. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really stunning and I love your use of the tissue paper and the symbolic nature of life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...